Friday, February 25, 2011

Things to Consider

3 Tricks to Make Your Legs Look Longer.

The right shoes, skirts and pants can give anyone a super-leggy look.

* Wear clean line heels. The sleek shape and added height make you look long & lean. Peep toes & almond toe pumps with low cut sides work best.

*Try an above the knee skirt. On every figure, it's just the right amount of leg. Pair the skirt, with sleeveless top & wide belt.

*Go for wide-leg trousers/pants with a heel. I know some of you will pass on this, but you should at least try some on. I can't wait to wear some with with tanks, wedges & big jewelry. Or a flowy top.


The Outfit Makers

*Color Block Heels - Bursts of color, rich suede and leather make pumps, peep-toes & sandals super fun this season,

*Color Block Bags - In notice me hues and neutrals with gold details, classic carryalls are surprisingly versatile


*Natural Accessories - In earthy materials like canvas, raffia, wood and leather. Bags, shoes and more look fresh but sophisticated.



*Breastplate Necklaces - Mixed metals, over-sized pendants, and colorful tones make your outfit totally unique.

*Wide Belts - In everything from snakeskin to bold gold and shiny black. These hot styles are a great way to add some spice to your outfit.



It's ALL about the 70's This Season

This retro-cool look is BACK with tons of fresh updates. Try the trend with high-waisted flares, silky tops, chunky platforms, floppy hats, BIG sunglasses. I gotta say, I'm super excited about this. While I was born in the 70's technically, I always felt I belonged here. Maybe cause my parents were hippies? I don't know, nor care because I can now totally rock this inner hippie.



*My Latest Finds - So when I went shopping with my Mom last weekend I was able to find some really good deals. The flat sandals I found at Marshalls for $24. They are a snakeskin multi metal color. The Nine West wedges I found at Ross for $26. I also looked up the Nine West website & the Steve Madden website and found that they are actually still selling the both shoes. Sandals were $45, and the wedges were $80. I had never went to either Ross or Marshalls before and a few friends suggested I go. I'm not much of a sifter because I don't have the patience, so I'm sure they had some cute tops. I'd suggest adding it to your rotation every now & then. The Jessica Simpson necklace was at Dillards for $15, and that was before the extra 40% off they are doing now through Saturday. So I'd hit up Dillards in the next 24hours if you have the time for shoes, bags & jewelry.



Happy Shopping,
SMH

2 comments:

  1. Very cute sandals Shannon. I bought some silver ones last year just like the flat ones on clearance at Target. I really like them. I enjoy reading your blog, I always have fashion questions, now I know who to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for a good trouser since last spring. My problem: they are too long! Made for tall peeps. But for those of u that are a lil taller, j. Crew & Banana Rep. have some great ones! Perhaps I will get get lucky & find some this summer after E is born.

    ReplyDelete